Electing Members to Certain Standing Committees of the House of Representativesby Representative Xavier Becerra
Posted on 2015-01-06
BECERRA. Madam Speaker, by direction of the Democratic Caucus, I
offer a privileged resolution and ask for its immediate consideration.
The Clerk read the resolution, as follows: H. Res. 7 Resolved, That the following named Members be and are hereby elected to the following standing committees of the House of Representatives: (1) Committee on agriculture.--Mr. Peterson.
(2) Committee on appropriations.--Mrs. Lowey (when sworn), Ms. Kaptur, Mr. Visclosky, Mr. Serrano, Ms. DeLauro, Mr. Price of North Carolina, Ms. Roybal-Allard, Mr. Farr, Mr. Fattah, Mr. Bishop of Georgia, Ms. Lee of California, Mr. Schiff, Mr. Honda, Ms. McCollum, Mr. Israel, Mr. Ryan of Ohio, Mr. Ruppersberger, Ms. Wasserman Schultz, Mr. Cuellar, Ms. Pingree of Maine, and Mr. Quigley.
(3) Committee on armed services.--Mr. Smith of Washington.
(4) Committee on the budget.--Mr. Van Hollen.
(5) Committee on education and the workforce.--Mr. Scott of Virginia.
(6) Committee on energy and commerce.--Mr. Pallone, Mr. Rush, Ms. Eshoo, Mr. Engel, Mr. Gene Green of Texas, Ms. DeGette, Mrs. Capps, Mr. Doyle, Ms. Schakowsky, Mr. Butterfield, Ms. Matsui, Ms. Castor of Florida, Mr. Sarbanes, Mr. McNerney, Mr. Welch, Mr. Ben Ray Lujan of New Mexico, Mr. Tonko (when sworn), Mr. Yarmuth, Ms. Clarke of NY, Mr. Loebsack, Mr. Schrader, Mr. Kennedy, and Mr. Cardenas.
(7) Committee on financial services.--Ms. Waters (when sworn), Mrs. Carolyn B. Maloney of New York (when sworn), Ms. Velazquez (when sworn), Mr. Sherman, Mr. Meeks (when sworn), Mr. Capuano, Mr. Hinojosa, Mr. Clay, Mr. Lynch, Mr. David Scott of Georgia, Mr. Al Green of Texas, Mr. Cleaver, Ms. Moore, Mr. Ellison, Mr. Perlmutter, Mr. Himes, Mr. Carney, Ms. Sewell of Alabama, Mr. Foster, Mr. Kildee, Mr. Murphy of Florida, Mr. Delaney, Ms. Sinema, Mrs. Beatty, Mr. Heck of Washington, and Mr. Vargas.
(8) Committee on foreign affairs.--Mr. Engel (when sworn).
(9) Committee on homeland security.--Mr. Thompson of Mississippi.
(10) Committee on house administration.--Mr. Brady of Pennsylvania.
(11) Committee on the judiciary.--Mr. Conyers.
(12) Committee on natural resources.--Mr. Grijalva.
(13) Committee on oversight and government reform.--Mr. Cummings.
(14) Committee on rules.--Ms. Slaughter, Mr. McGovern, Mr. Hastings of Florida, and Mr. Polis.
(15) Committee on science, space, and technology.--Ms. Eddie Bernice Johnson of Texas.
(16) Committee on small business.--Ms. Velazquez (when sworn).
(17) Committee on transportation and infrastructure.--Mr. DeFazio.
(18) Committee on veterans' affairs.--Ms. Brown of Florida.
(19) Committee on ways and means.--Mr. Levin, Mr. Rangel (when sworn), Mr. McDermott, Mr. Lewis, Mr. Neal, Mr. Becerra, Mr. Doggett, Mr. Thompson of California, Mr. Larson of Connecticut, Mr. Blumenauer, Mr. Kind, Mr. Pascrell, Mr. Crowley (when sworn), Mr. Danny K. Davis of Illinois, and Ms. Linda T. Sanchez of California.