Electing Members to Certain Standing Committees of the House of Representativesby Representative Xavier Becerra
Posted on 2013-01-14
BECERRA. Mr. Speaker, by direction of the Democratic Caucus, I
offer a privileged resolution and ask for its immediate consideration.
The Clerk read the resolution, as follows: H. Res. 22 Resolved, That the following named Members be and are hereby elected to the following standing committees of the House of Representatives: (1) Committee on agriculture.--Ms. DelBene (to rank immediately after Mr. McGovern), Mr. Nolan, Mr. Gallego, Mr. Enyart, Mr. Vargas, Mrs. Bustos, and Mr. Sean Patrick Maloney of New York.
(2) Committee on appropriations.--Mr. Quigley and Mr. Owens.
(3) Committee on armed services.--Mr. Carson of Indiana (to rank immediately after Mr. Barber).
(4) Committee on the budget.--Mr. McDermott (to rank immediately after Ms. Castor of Florida), Mr. Jeffries, Mr. Pocan, Ms. Michelle Lujan Grisham of New Mexico, Mr. Huffman, and Mr. Cardenas.
(5) Committee on financial services.--Mr. Heck of Washington.
(6) Committee on foreign affairs.--Ms. Meng, Ms. Frankel of Florida, Ms. Gabbard, and Mr. Castro of Texas.
(7) Committee on homeland security.--Mr. Vela, Mr. Horsford, and Mr. Swalwell of California.
(8) Committee on the judiciary.--Mr. Gutierrez (to rank immediately after Mr. Deutch).
(9) Committee on natural resources.--Ms. Shea-Porter, Mr. Lowenthal, Mr. Garcia, and Mr. Cartwright.
(10) Committee on oversight and government reform.--Ms. Duckworth.
(11) Committee on science, space, and technology.--Mr. Maffei, Mr. Grayson, Mr. Kennedy, Mr. Peters of California, Mr. Kilmer, Mr. Bera, Ms. Esty, Mr. Veasey, Ms. Brownley of California, and Mr. Takano.
(12) Committee on small business.--Ms. Hahn (to rank immediately after Ms. Chu), Mr. Payne (to rank immediately after Ms. Hahn), and Mr. Schneider.
(13) Committee on veterans' affairs.--Ms. Titus, Mrs. Kirkpatrick, Mr. Ruiz, Mrs. Negrete McLeod, Ms. Kuster, and Mr. O'Rourke.
The resolution was agreed to.
A motion to reconsider was laid on the table.